- To maximize the number of touches to the players in order to provide the best quality softball experience with consideration to balance games/competition with player development without overwhelming both the players and families.
- Incorporate as much consistency in the schedule to make it easier on players, volunteers and families to manage softball with other responsibilities and make for simpler, more effective communication.
- To fully utilize all the resources available at SPSA for all teams within and associated with SPSA
Practice slots will be 2 hours in length for fields at Sandy Plains Park, batting cages at Sandy Plains Park, Shaw Park fields & Shaw Park cages.
- As long as both Sandy Plains and Shaw Park are available to SPSA;
- Mid-week (Monday through Friday) practice times will be 5:30-7:30 and 7:30-9:30.
- Mid-week (Monday through Friday) game start times will be 6:00p and 7:30p.
- Cages will be available beginning 1 hour before game time for visitor team batting and 30 minutes before game time for home team batting.
- Saturday practice times will begin at 9:00am and follow in 2 hour increments.
- Saturday games will begin at 9:00am and follow in 90 minute increments.
- Sunday practice times will begin at 12:00p and follow in 2 hour increments.
- Sunday games will be make-ups or special situations only with start times beginning at 1:00pm and follow in 90 minute increments.
- Field practices scheduled at Sandy Plains Park do not include the batting cages. Batting cages at Sandy Plains can be and should be reserved for practices separately.
- Field practices scheduled at Shaw Park do not include the batting cages. Batting cages at Shaw Park can be and should be reserved for practices separately.
- All due consideration will be given when scheduling games to minimize umpire costs and clustered to maximize concession opportunities.
- Park Seasons/In Contract:
- Spring/Summer: February 1 through June 30
- Fall: August 1 through November 1